If you are looking for a healthy beef recipe, this Mandarin Beef recipe is a classic “slow cooker” beef dish that also tastes great! Slow cooking recipes are both easy to make and still enable you to get your essential vitamins and minerals from red meat without going overboard it is on calories or fat.
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck blade steak 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, lite, low sodium
- (optional Tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut steak into bite size pieces.
- Add to the slow cooker, steak and the remaining ingredients, except cornstarch, water, and mandarin oranges.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before the end of cooking time combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup liquid from Mandarin oranges, stir until smooth and add to the slow cooker along with the oranges.
- Discard the remaining liquid from the oranges, unless you prefer a thinner sauce, in that case add the remaining liquid.
- Stir and continue cooking 15 minutes.