Nothing tastes better than shrimp grilled to juicy, succulent perfection. Perfect for backyard parties or neighborhood potlucks, these Shrimp Skewers with Garlic-Lime Marinade are simple to whip up, but taste luxurious. The recipe ditches the processed ingredients used in store-bought dressings and marinades. Instead, it calls for 100% clean and wholesome ingredients.
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, cleaned and detained
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley, for serving
- 6 large bamboo or metal skewers (if bamboo, soak in warm water 30 minutes prior to cooking).
Dipping Sauce: (optional)
Whisk all ingredients until combined, refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic and onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each black pepper and sea salt
- 2 tablespoons each: Italian parsley, chopped chives, and fresh lime juice
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika for marinade.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, about 5 to 6 shrimp per skewer. Place on a plate. Pour marinade over shrimp skewers.
- Oil grates of a grill and set to medium heat. Add skewers to grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until pink and opaque, basting with any extra marinade while cooking.
To roast in oven:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay skewers on baking sheet and roast for about 5 minutes, until pink and opaque. Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley to serve, if desired.