I never thought I would be obsessed with a lettuce wrap until I tasted these Orange Beef Lettuce Wraps from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook. When I got this cookbook a few years ago I asked Luiza to pick out a couple recipes he would be interested in and of course he went right to the beef section. Lean ground beef is sautéed with finely chopped carrots, red bell pepper and scallions then coated in a sweet and savory sauce.
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 8 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 12 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marmalade, soy sauce, hoisin, ginger and garlic until combined. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef, scallions, carrots and red pepper; cook for 5-7 minutes or until the meat is mostly cooked. Add the sauce and cook for 5 minutes, until well blended. Remove from the heat and serve with the lettuce leaves.