Thai pork toast requires pretty much just basic ingredients, most of which you’ll already have in your pantry. If you’ve had it as an appetizer in a Thai restaurant, you might think it looks like a lot of work. But actually it’s really easy to make.
- 400g (14 oz) pork mince
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 5 slices white bread, cut into quarters
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Preheat oven to 100 °C/200°F.
- Place the bread on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes to dry the bread out a little.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pork, garlic, egg white, fish sauce, soy sauce and pepper. Use your hands to slap the mixture against the bowl. This will firm up the mixture. Spread the pork mixture over the bread slices.
- Heat enough oil to deep-fry in a saucepan or wok. When the oil is hot, cook pork toasts for 2-3 min until cooked through and golden on both sides. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve pork toasts !!